Thursday, February 26, 2009

My first day in London: Tower of London, Beefeater, Tower Bridge













My first stop was the Tower of London. I walked up and out of the tube station (Tower Hill stop) and there it was: This medieval, walled city surrounded by modern day London and bordered by the Thames.

There is plenty to see here: The White Tower, The Crown Jewels, The Ravens, Medieval Palace, etc. They also have an armory, "The Royal Armories", which has a separate admission. I had no idea until I was getting ready to leave. I had been up for almost 24 hours and had not eaten since breakfast. I just couldn't go on without some grub. If anyone has been to the armory, I'd like to hear what I missed and what you liked about it.

Also, don't forget to take a tour with one of the Beefeaters! You pay a bit extra for a tour at the time of admission. They know the history of the tower like the back of their hand and they are pretty entertaining too!

2 comments:

  1. I see London I see France...I see a Beefeater giving a tour! Looks like it was nice...better than that "room" you stayed in. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! Sleeping with the ravens would have been better.

    ReplyDelete