Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Adventures in England










My very first solo trip ever was to England in March 2007. To share and commemorate the 2 year anniversary of my trip, I will post tidbits from my journey through the end of March.

I was fascinated with England since I was a kid. From Stonehenge to tales of King Arthur to Shakespeare and the Renaissance, I was hooked on the mystery of what was "across the pond".

So with a proverbial "kick in the rear" from a very close friend, I purchased a plane ticket and that was that! With less than three months to plan, I was a bit uncertain with what my sudden burst of spontaneity had gotten me into. But there was no turning back now...

My same friend, after spending several months there, advised me on places to see in London. This was extremely helpful. Planning any trip overseas takes a lot of time. Oddly though, everything seemed to fall into place. Other than London, I new I wanted to go to Glastonbury, Stonehenge, and see some coastline.

I also planned on going to Cornwall which I had to abandon after I got there. I discovered it was a trip on it's own and 10 days was not enough. I then adopted the "wing it" approach. Which I would not suggest doing during tourist season. It was March after all so I figured I could get away with it and luckily...I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment