Saturday, February 21, 2009

This is my room?













I booked this room before I left for London because it was only 44 pounds a night. Do NOT stay at the Amhurst Hotel. Not only is it a good 30-40 minute tube ride from the main part of London (say Covent Gardens) plus a 10 minute bus ride, it was dumpy, and the safety of the neighborhood was questionable. Luckily I had only booked 3 nights there as I was moving on to Glastonbury.

I can deal with using a communal privy and shower (that was relatively clean except for the hairy tub incident) but when you give me a blanket that has the consistency of sandpaper and is coated with coarse dark hairs of some sort and questionable brown stains, we got problems...
I got a "cleaner" blanket from the guy who I paid who looked at me like I was insane when I asked for a new one. Maybe I am slightly nuts but I slept in my clothes every night just to be sure I wouldn't get any weird rashes!

If you need to book a room in advance, my advice is to be thorough in researching where you stay. I've read mixed reviews on this place and the pics do not match up with my room. Frankly, I would have been happier in a tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment